Several Batch Mixing Applications
For applications where product contamination between successive batches is not permitted, the time required for cleaning the mixer should also be added to the total batch time. Batch mixing is preferred for applications where:
- Many formulations are produced on the same production line.
- Ingredient properties change over time and compensation must be on a batch-by-batch basis.
- Production quantities are small.
- Strict control of mix composition is required.
- It is required to identify a batch for further follow up, example - pharmaceutical formulations, food products.